Thursday, October 30, 2008

 

avoiding my thesis ...

Hello all!
Right now, I'm sitting at a computer with loads of homework to do, and not enough time to do it in. However, I've been struck by one of those rare moments in my senior year where I have no motivation to do anything but sleep (I think my biggest problem is that my most productive work hours have been the wee hours of the morning, and it's *glance at lower right hand of screen* only quarter of nine). Anywho, I figured I would stop by and shoot you all an update on the status of those of us down in VA!

I'm halfway through my last semester of college classes! Student teaching follows next semester, and then comes my graduation from Liberty in May. But, before all of that comes along, I should probably try to survive this semester first. Overall, I have to say that God has pushed me along through my work at an alarming but amazing rate, and I'm 46 pages (and counting) into my Senior Honors Thesis, the bane of my current existence (... we won't get into the 540 lesson curriculum I'm writing ...). My roommates and other friends have been a great support and encouragement, and are trying desperately to convince me to stay on campus for my student teaching semester -- I'll probably give in :).

Jonny absolutely loves college. He had a nice shoe-in from the friends that James and I had already made, but he's acclimating well to his classes, and is a favorite in his dorm (his next-door neighbor is my previous roommate's fiancee). The guys on his hall have nick-named him "Fenway," because of his passionate love for the Sox, and every one of his friends has a conflicting opinion about whether the two of us resemble each other. Neither of us sees it, but a few people have randomly stopped us (separately) and asked if we were the other's sibling.

James is enjoying off-campus life and his second year at LU's seminary. He is very excited about this Saturday, when he participates in the 1st annual “Turkey Bowl” – a football game of epic proportions between the Seminary and Law School to raise money for the Liberty Godparent Home, a shelter for teenage mothers. He just got a job across the street from campus, which is GREAT; unfortunately, because of the job he won't be able to make it home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I think we should have a conference call or something and include him in on our annual carol sing :).

We all miss you, and can't wait to get back home and get away from our schoolwork! Thanks for providing me a short time away from the Thesis of Doom ...

Love to all,
~Sarah

Comments:
Hey Sarah!

I'm glad to hear things are going well with you. I can't believe it's your last semester of college! Man, that makes me feel old! Good luck to you with your schoolwork and say hello to "Fenway" and the rest of the gang for me!

-Paul
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]